Friday, September 13, 2013

Girls Got Dresses

It's been a while since my last post. I have been busy doing several projects during ramadhan for a friend's 3 months old baby girl. Initially, I wanted to post them separately but then... oh well, laziness kicked in and here I am, posting a parade of baby dresses!

The first one is none other than the famous Junebug Dress by Jess from Craftiness Is Not Optional. 


I have to admit I was pretty hooked by this project I couldn't resist making several pieces of the dress in different colors. It goes well with most types of fabric and patterns, and Jess has done a great job for making this tutorial, it's rather easy even for a confident beginner like me too.

Love love the results. I ended up adjusting the pattern for my 1 year old with a side zipper (forgot to take pic on this one) and with a simple back zipper for my friend's daughter (the red one, that is).


The second one is my first take on bubble dress. I've been studying some great tutorials on bubble dress and got pretty confident in making one. Since it is a dress for a 3 months old baby, I didn't bother on making the bubble skirt with an elastic thread.

But for my toddler girl, definitely a bubble dress with an elastic, lol.

 When the time is right, I guess I'm going to post a tutorial on this bubble dress. I made up the pattern and design, and quite love the result. Don't you? *wink*





The third and the most complicated so far is this three-tiered dress. My mother-in-law gave me a whole 2 yards of this beautiful soft pink cotton lawn fabric with eyelet details. She specifically asked me to make a tiered dress for Leia. 

So here it is.... After two solemn nights of cutting, hemming, gathering and sewing.. 
Finally I understand why tiered dresses are so expensive. They use up lots of fabrics, my dear!






No comments:

Post a Comment